2016 has been a great year of cinema; we had witnessed numerous films performing very well critically as well as commercially. It had been a great year for the film industry. Or a long while now we have been going crazy for films and celebrities as they have the greatest influence in our lives. Thus the filmmakers also have been targeting the things which audience can relate to. As for the independent films releasing every year, they have been leaving us bewildered every time we watch them because they have got this highest appealing power and making us watch them over and over again. There have been some amazing films which fall under the category of 2016’s Best Independent Movies.
2016’s Best Independent Movies:
- A Bigger Splash: it was a remake of 1969’s French film named La Piscine. It was directed by Luca Guadagnino who had casted Tilda Swinton to play the role of the Bowie-Este rock star, Matthias Schoenaerts as her toy boy, Ralph Fiennes as her music producer ex-husband and Dakota Johnson playing the role of his faux ingénue daughter. It was considered as the best script describing lust and jealousy in the best way.
- American Honey: Directed by Andrea Arnold who has made her research extremely well with creating this amazingly intoxicating film which has appealed the audience very well. The film has captured the lives of the American Youth. The film has also shown how well Andrea was able to understand the country’s obsessions.
- Anomalisa: it was a Charlie Kaufman’s fantasy movie which has been worth of the staggering achievement it has achieved. It has an amazingly detailed animation done with a human puppet who is a motivational speaker and how he spends on unhappy night at the hotel Cincinnati. It is a film which somehow depicts the long duration symptom of hallucination of his cognitive syndrome.
- Arrival: It was directed by Denis Villeneuve. The amazing screenplay of the movie was written by Eric Heisserer. The film stars Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner. It is story of how 12 mysterious spacecrafts enter into the world. The linguistics professor Louise Banks is given the task of understanding and interpreting the language of the alien visitors who have entered the premises of earth. It was released in November 2016 and had done great work commercially.
- Hail, Caesar!: It is an amazingly directed film which is the masterpiece of 2 amazing directors namely; Joel Coen and Ethan Coen. The directors are the script writers of the film which makes this film all the more special with special efforts done by these two people on the film. It stars amazing actors like Josh Brolin and George Clooney. The storyline revolves around the life of Eddie who is a problem fixer of big stars in the industry.
All these films mentioned above are the 2016’s Best Independent Movies you are going to witness. If you have missed any of it then go watch them today and see why they hold a spot on this list.